Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Well enough's enough !

I've been too remiss for too long. No more excuses, I'm back at our home rather than at my parents' so that means I've got my photos to hand and uploaded AND today Jemima stood up unaided and took 2 or 3 steps towards me !! If that's not a noteworthy first I just don't know what is so mummy blog duties really must be undertaken and seriously !

Jemima is coming on leaps and bounds, I am watching this beautiful little child turn from a baby into a toddler and it's happening at an alarming rate. I guess all parents feel like this, I always look at my parents and remember the adage that you know you're old when your children are middle aged...tee hee... I'm 35 in a few weeks and my daughter is well on her way to her first birthday - where DOES it go ?

Ok so a few fantastic moments to treasure. Jemima is such a tall baby that she is above the uppermost percentile on her growth charts. She really needed a new car seat and we looked on the Which? reports and online and decided on a German make called Kiddy. It doesn't use a harness but a large padded bar and, as you can see, Jemima found it verrrrrrrrry comfy from the start ! So easy to move between cars too, what a bonus, thanks Granddad !!

We've spent a lot of time down at my parents' beautiful house, enjoying the weather and Terence has been doing renovation works to the exterior timber and so on. Jemima has discovered a passion for gardening ! She is fascinated by birds, flowers, grass (once she got used the texture) and just being outdoors and in the fresh air. I walk her three or four times a day and I love watching her engage with the world.


Jemima and her grandparents have a mutual adoration society going on as you can see ! I think they are always surprised that she remembers them but she's one bright kid and has enjoyed being with them from very early.

Jemima has been busy bouncing and cruising around furniture like a little fledgling exercising her muscles, and she really loved watching her daddy up a ladder....how did he get there ?! She found the drilling and noises much less frightening once she saw daddy was making them, and he's a big loud builder so best get used to it early on.


This is a little picnic we had in the garden on a tartan rug. Jemima thought that her food was too dull and proceeded to stuff almost a WHOLE pork pie into her mouth much to everyone's amusement ! Looks like she has her father's appetite... (ahem)


Jemima's exercise is all working because she has recently started standing all by herself, not pulling herself up on anything ! She stands there, splay legged with her hands up in the air grinning from ear to ear and squeaking....unbelievable. And to top it off, yesterday, she stood up and took two or three steps towards me !!! I'm so glad my friend Amy was here to see it because otherwise I might have thought I was imagining it. And she's only ten and a half months ! In fact, I'm looking forward to her walking and balancing and leaving behind the constant fear of toppling over. People say it's much harder when they walk but I can't see it, she crawls like a bullet train, stands up everywhere and is generally into everything - can walking really be that different ?! I'll obviously have to report back... The difference is that we are now onto the next level of baby-safing the house.


I've got lots of beautiful photos to upload but better get this posted first !

No comments: