I've recently begun whistling to Jemima when I need her to concentrate on finishing her food or if she's feeling a little grumpy with her teeth, it always catches her attention and cheers her up. Since yesterday I've noticed her making a very pronounced "O" shape with her little mouth and blowing. I thought she was copying her father who takes delight in blowing gently in her ear or on her cheek as it causes her to giggle and coo. Nothing so out of the ordinary there. Well, no, I was wrong. She was copying me and the whistling. Today I heard her produce a little whistle and was completely gobsmacked but thought it was just a coincidence, copying her dad and blowing and by coincidence producing a whistle. I thought that until her father told me he saw her sblowing through a tight little "O" shape and making a whistle !!
My nearly 7 month old baby decided she wanted to whistle, practised and did it !!! I'm so impressed. I know babies learn by copying and this baby not only copies but works at it (and she's always concentrated and worked at it, hence crawling early etc). Bless my baby !
Sunday, 31 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment