Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, 28 January 2010

Mama and I took Jemima shopping today and she had her first ride ever in a trolley ! She was a little wobbly and needed propping up but looked so sweet...

A lovely first today was taking Jemima to "Rhyme Time" at our local library where parents and babies go to sit in a circle, babies on laps, singing traditional rhymes and nursery songs - adorable ! Jemima was given a rattle with a bell inside which she relentlessly rattled and she actually started bumping up and down and singing. She obviously gathered that the big people were producing sounds of some sort and she decided that she could play at that game too. One or two familiar mums but sadly most seemed openly unfriendly, perhaps I wasn't looking haggard enough but then I don't turn up anywhere not looking as good as I can. And neither does Jemima. We will be going next week anyway because the most important thing is that Jemima experiences as many different enjoyable things as possible.

Jemima loves her new piano - I rate Vtech oh yes I do !




Tonight Jemima conducted a serious and thorough investigation of the edge of the bath and the outside of the bath. She smacked, tasted, scratched and felt all possible surfaces within reach and seemed very interested in te concept of *outside* and *inside* the bath. One was cool, smooth, shiny and reasonably dry. The other was warm, splashy and full of mum. Interesting, she said.

No comments: