I am trying to introduce the baby to a drink other than milk. She's onto food so I could theoretically drop a milk feed but I don't want her to miss out on fluids. Well, Mama bought a lovely little beaker with a soft spout with a valve so the fluid must be sucked rather than tipping out. Nope, Jemima just wasn't keen on a beaker of water. So next I tried diluting some pure fruit juice in case that did the trick - Jemima is an afficionado of sucking dry a satsuma and loves fruit - but again, not really interested.
So....yesterday I thought I'd just leave her with the beaker to play with and become comfortable with it. Well lo and behold, madam decided that she would put it to her mouth and drink for herself thank you very much, no assistance required !

She is also very good at standing on her feet with hands on the floor and is moving into this position several times a day. She can do it from the lower step in our sitting room too. Oh dear.
1 comment:
One of Jemima's more mundane experiences in her young life happened today when we put her on a shopping trolley.. I hope she will see the funny side of it and she will not try to look around of other shopping trolley pushers and passengers. It is one of life's less engaging experiences.. particularly
in a supermarket environment. Being a female she will learn all about shopping trolleys.
Don't worry Jemima you might have an assistant to do your shopping!
GrannyGreek
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Post a Comment