Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, 31 January 2010

Special moment

Although Jemima and I spend most of our waking time together and are completely bonded, there are moments when I can see that she is a person and not just a baby. I mean... she's everything she's ever going to be packaged up in a little bundle of baby and her potential is just unfolding. Last night in the bath she was lying on my front (she has a habit of righting herself wherever she happens to be including the bath) and had concluded her nightly investigations of the side and edge of the bath. As she looked at me from a few inches away, she came even closer and very very gently nipped my nose. She pulled back to look me in the eye for a response and I grinned at her. She came back in and nipped my nose again, very gently (and believe me, I know how hard she can bite) and pulled back for a response. This time I chuckled as I knew she was making a joke. She came back in once more to nip my nose and I laughed out loud and grinned at her.

She held very very still as she looked me in the eye and I had a profound moment of looking into the eyes of a humorous, intelligent person. It was quite amazing and I was very moved.

No comments: